When it comes to the trait word choice, I have my strong and weak points. My strong points in word choice is the spelling, I usually know who to spell out what I am trying to say. Word choice is not my best trait in writing so I don't have much strengths but I will do my best to improve on my weaknesses. My weakness is choosing the right words to fit what I am trying to say. When I want to describe something, sometimes I have a hard time putting together a sentence that gets my thought straight to the point.
In middle school I used a vocabulary book called Wordly Wise which helped to increase my vocabulary and have a better understanding of them. The book gave vocabulary words with the definition and also put exercises in order for me to get comfortable with the word and understandable.
Well honestly I haven't really learned any new words recently. In the past, I would usually learn new words by watching tv or movies. If a character in the movie used a word that I didn't understandm, I would either look it up or ask someone what it meant. This method helped me out a lot to understand new words.
My goal for the trait word choice is to be able to know what words to use in my sentences. I want to be able to know the exact word that fits my thought properly and write it down on paper. This semester I would like to learn maybe 10 new words in my vocabulary. My evidence will be that when someone reads my essay they will know exactly what I am talking about and what I mean. They will not be confused by what I write but will be understanding.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Angela,
ReplyDeleteNice job of relating your "vocabulary history." I think you're on the right track...the importance of vocabulary is clarity in writing.
Do you know what's caused the change in your "movie vocabulary"? Is it that movies are not using new words, or are you just not going to the movies as much? ;>
I hope our work in TKAM can provide you with some additions to your vocabulary.
mrs s