My bedroom is a place where I always run to so that I can clear my head or release my emotions. I can remember getting into big arguements with my mom and everytime I would run to my room, jump on my bed and cry with my face buried in my pillow. If I have a lot on my mind, my room is takes me to a place that comforts me where I can clear my head and think over my problems. It is also a place where I feel free and comfortable. If you filmed me in my room and showed it to anyone, I would be so embarassed, but probably laugh over it. Whenever I'm in my room, I always turn on the radio and where there is music I am either singing or dancing.
I have only had my own bedroom for about 2 years but I still consider it my querencia. It's not a place I have had for a very long time but a place i can relax and take a deep breath and know I'm secure there. I will be moving to another house next month and though it isn't the same room, it will be somewhere I can go to, someplace that's mine. What makes this new room different from the one I live in now is that I get to design it and make it my own. Designing my own room will show my personality through it, which means I will be even more comfortable in my room.
I have a vision for my new room. If a friend were to walk in my room I would want them to feel welcomed and awakened. My walls will be a very pale pink with a darker pink for the trimmings. The queen size bed that I will soon own will have my rainbow colored comforter layed neatly over it. Soft, cloud-like pillows will be fluffed up against the back of my bed. I want anyone who sees my room to be impressed and enlightened. Being in a environment that expresses who you are makes it much more comfortable for you.
Everytime I enter my room I feel a sense of security and reassurance that I am safe. My room brings out the crazy and goofy side of me that nobody has seen before. It's a place where I can dream, think, be free and not care about anything thats happening around me. Not only is it my room but my sanctuary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hello Angela.
ReplyDeleteI think the place you picked is very interesting. Although, I think you can include more specific details. "Tell" not "Show"
-Alex
Hey Angela,
ReplyDeleteThis rough draft is good. I can see why this is your Querencia. Your vision for what you want your new room to look like has some good details. For example, you put, "Soft, cloud-like pillows will be fluffed up against the back of my bed." I can tell just how soft you want the pillows to be. It makes me want to fall asleep on that kind of pillow.
I also agree with Alex, there are some specific details you could add and "Show" more then "Tell."
Other than that, this was good for your rough draft.
-Kristen